Ms. Francia D. Cabral is an associate attorney in the family and divorce law practice group of Buckner, Shifrin, Etter, Dugan & Bradfute, P.A. Though she has worked with both our civil litigation and family law departments during her ten year tenure, she was drawn to the family law practice by her passion for children’s issues and desire to help clients resolve complex legal problems during deeply personal and emotionally trying times.
Ms. Cabral represents clients in all types of family matters, including dissolution of marriage, paternity, child support, “custody”, timesharing, and post judgment modifications. Ms. Cabral is trained in the collaborative divorce process and offers clients creative alternatives to resolving their family disputes.
Ms. Cabral’s answer to the Family Law and Dependency question on the February 2015 Florida Bar Examination was published as an inclusion in the Florida Board of Bar Examiners Study Guide because it was the highest rated answer on the Bar exam in Family Law.
Ms. Cabral has been a part of the Buckner Shifrin family since 2007. She completed her Juris Doctorate in 2014 while working fulltime for the firm. However, working while going to school is nothing new for her; she also earned her Bachelor of Science degree while at Buckner Shifrin.
Education & Bar Admittance:
- Juris Doctor, Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida 2014.
- Dean’s List.
- Salah Scholarship Recipient (awarded to evening law students who are also raising children.)
- Bachelor of Science, Legal Studies Barry University, Miami, Florida, 2010.
- Associate in Science, Legal Assisting, Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida, 2005.
- Associate in Arts, Business Administration, Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida, 2005.
- Member, The Florida Bar, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training, ICDT, 2015.
- Certified Paralegal, National Association of Legal Assistants, 2008.
- Member, Family Law Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Young Lawyer Section, The Florida Bar.
- Member, Young Lawyers Section, Dade County Bar Association.
- Member, First Family Law American Inn of Court.
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute, Inc.
- Member, BNI, Key Connection, Miami-Dade County.
- Member, Nova Southeastern University Law Alumni Association, Miami-Dade Chapter.
Ms. Cabral is bilingual: fluent in English and Spanish.